Welcome to first episode of the Catapult Business Growth podcast. We kickoff this podcast series with an interview with the founder & CEO of Catapult Groups, Brad Mishlove. Our subject is peer advisory boards: what they are and how they can help your business.
If you are unfamiliar with the concept of a peer advisory board, Brad discusses his experience with them, first as a customer and now running Catapult Groups.
In Brad’s words, a peer advisory board is “part business education, part mastermind group.” As most CEOs know, it can be very lonely at the top. Where do you turn when you need to make an important decision? It’s not always appropriate to get input from your employees.
A peer advisory board gives you an informal board of directors, people who are doing the same job in a different industry. Their experience and their input can help with decision-making and generating answers to questions that have thus far kept you stuck.
Brad tells a story of a major decision he made in his landscape company that was facilitated by the help of his peer advisory board. He speaks about the confidence he had to move forward on the decision as a result of the insightful questions asked by his fellow board members.
Questions we ask Brad:
- What is a peer advisory board?
- What goes on in most peer advisory board meetings?What triggers a CEO to get assistance from a peer advisory board?
What you’ll learn:
- The transformation a business can achieve by meeting with business leaders from different industries on a regular basis
- How taking a step back and slowing down a little bit can actually improve productivity and results for a business owner
- The big decision Brad made in a previous business that was a game changer and came only from the wisdom of his peer advisory board
- What the term “care-frontational” means and how it helps business owners stay accountable
Links to things we talked about and get in touch with Brad:
- Get your Free Gap Analysis
- Connect with Brad on LinkedIn
- Follow Catapult Groups on Twitter
- Connect with Catapult Groups on Facebook
Would like to read the conversation? Find the transcript here.